segunda-feira, dezembro 13, 2010

Russell Brand Does Shakespeare!



I admit it: when I read that Russell Brand was to be cast in the new film version of The Tempest, I winced. Don't get me wrong - I think Russell Brand is a great performer ... but Shakespeare? Really?

To set the scene, it's been reported that Brand's previous dabble with the Bard was affected by his drug habit. "When I was at drama school I did Macbeth," he recalled at this week's premier of The Tempest. "Good it was, but I took too much amphetamines and was drunk so it affected my performance."

But perhaps Shakespeare needs more maverick characters like Russell Brand to inject some life and speak more directly to new, younger audiences. In this respect, he's already doing a great job!

"The language is amazing," he said. "Do you know what it's like? It's like Slim Shady (Eminem's alter-ego) or Lil Wayne ... It's proper people that understand language and have good flow - Shakespeare had good flow!"

Thanks Russell - couldn't have put it better myself.


Photo © Frazer Harrison/Getty-Images

FONTE: Lee's Shakespeare Blog

By Lee Jamieson, About.com Guide

URL FONTE: http://shakespeare.about.com/
URL MATÉRIA: http://shakespeare.about.com/b/2010/12/07/russell-brand-does-shakespeare.htm

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário